Riverview combines licensed professional therapy staff with customized rehabilitation programs to prepare you for your return to a full and busy life. We utilize advanced therapeutic techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to expedite your recovery.
At Riverview, we’ll work with you to create a personalized care plan with the right mix of therapy types to shorten your road to recovery. Our staff is highly trained and knowledgeable and will be with you every step of the way to help you meet your goals.
A variety of accommodations are available in our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center at Riverview, including furnished private and semi-private rooms. All are equipped with half baths, basic cable services, and Wi-Fi.
If you are considering or have scheduled surgery and would like to plan for your recovery needs, we recommend making a pre-surgery reservation. This will provide you with peace of mind that you’re prepared for both your surgery and recovery. There is no financial obligation should your surgery be canceled or postponed.
Interested in learning more about Riverview’s Rehabilitation Programs?
Post-Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
Post-Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation is typically for people who go from the hospital to a rehabilitation center, where they’ll work with a therapy team for parts of each day and then rest and enjoy the center’s activities for the remainder of the day.
What to Expect During an Inpatient Rehabilitation Stay
At Riverview, you’ll receive physical, occupational, Respiratory Therapy, and Speech and Language Pathology based on a care plan tailored to your needs by a team of experienced therapists and medical professionals.
Here’s an outline of what to expect when you stay with us:
- An initial assessment is completed upon admission. Assessments last 30-60 minutes while therapists discuss your level of function prior to admission and evaluate your current status.
- A plan of care will be established centered on your personal goals and functional abilities.
- Therapy is offered up to seven days a week, based on your individual needs and physical condition. Therapy sessions are generally 30-90 minutes in length per discipline.
- Therapists work with an interdisciplinary team that includes your physician to monitor progress and make recommendations to maximize your recovery.
- We recommend that you wear loose-fitting clothing that allows movement and proper footwear during therapy sessions.
- In-home therapy assessments are available when appropriate.
Physical Therapy Professionals design individualized plans that may include:
- Training in mobility, gait, posture, and positioning
- Exercise programs that increase muscle function, coordination, and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization that increase range-of-motion
- Positioning and pressure relief measures for the treatment of wounds
- Pain management
Occupational Therapy Professionals impact one’s ability to perform everyday activities of living. Individualized therapeutic treatment plans may include:
- Training for improved independence in dressing, bathing, eating, and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques to compensate for impaired function
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement in order to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions
Speech and Language Pathology
Speech and Language Pathology Professionals address language, cognition, and swallowing dysfunction. Individualized plans may include:
- Training to recover language comprehension and memory skills
- Communication techniques for improved speech and language
- Exercise and facilitation techniques to improve muscle performance for speech and swallowing
- Dietary recommendations
Our Therapy Environment
Riverview combines excellent therapeutic programming with state-of-the-art equipment for a perfect rehabilitative combination.
- ADL training in a home-like setting
- Recumbent cross-trainers
- Upper body cycles
- Pulley systems and TheraBand stations
- Curb and ramp training set
- Safe patient handling devices used to augment traditional modes of therapy
- State-of-the-art electrical modalities with user-friendly interfaces and protocols
Outpatient rehabilitation is for people who need some type of physical, occupational, or speech therapy but are able to and choose to live at home while traveling to a rehabilitation center to receive services.
Each Optalis community offers outpatient services and features a state-of-the-art therapy gym with top-of-the-line equipment and highly skilled therapy professionals who will provide periodic program updates for your physician.
Other outpatient treatments include assistance with balance, pain, eating or swallowing difficulties; urinary incontinence; and self-care challenges with bathing or dressing. Before completing outpatient rehabilitation, patients will receive a customized home exercise program to maximize function and independence. Flexible scheduling is available Monday through Friday.
Outpatient rehab requires an order from your primary care physician and insurance approval before scheduling.