After a medical procedure, injury or serious illness, the first thing on your mind is your recovery. You want your health back and your life along with it. At Woodward Hills, we understand your determination. We offer uniquely personalized rehabilitation services and state-of-the-art facilities to expedite your recovery.
Our Rehabilitation Team In addition to our direct care therapists, our on-site leadership includes the Director of Therapy, Clinical Specialists and Clinical Team Leaders. Our support staff is comprised of trained and compassionate office, administrative and therapy technicians. The rehabilitation team at Woodward Hills is skilled in the delivery of the MHRS iHeart Rehabilitation Program, Lymphedema therapy, Vital Stim, Falls Prevention and LSVT Big and Loud.
The MHRS rehabilitation department at Woodward Hills collaborates with our Beaumont team for the best advancements in surgical spine care, orthopedic joint arthroplasty care and cardio-vascular care.
Physical Therapy Professionals design individualized plans that may include:
- Training in mobility, gait, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs that increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization that increase range-of-motion
- Positioning and pressure relief measures for treatment of wounds
- Pain management
Occupational Therapy Professionals impact one’s ability to perform everyday activities of living. Individualized therapeutic treatment plans may include:
- Training for improved independence in dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques to compensate for impaired function
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement in order to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions
Speech and Language Pathology
Speech and Language Pathology Professionals address language, cognition and swallowing dysfunction. Individualized plans may include:
- Training to recover language comprehension and memory skills
- Communication techniques for improved speech and language
- Exercise and facilitation techniques to improve muscle performance for speech and swallowing
- Dietary recommendations
Our Therapy Environment
Woodward Hills and MHRS combine excellent therapeutic programming with state-of-the-art equipment for a perfect rehabilitative combination.
- ADL training in a home-like setting
- Recumbent cross-trainers
- Upper body cycles
- Pulley systems and TheraBand stations
- Curb and ramp training set
- Safe patient handling devices used to augment traditional modes of therapy
- State of the art electrical modalities with user-friendly interfaces and protocols
Specialized Therapy Programs: The rehabilitation team at Woodward Hills is skilled in the delivery of the Rivetus Rehabilitation iHeart Rehabilitation Program, Lymphedema Therapy, Vital Stim, Falls Prevention and LSVT Big and Loud.
Learn more about Rivetus Rehabilitation here